Lessons for ITT: Supporting trainee teachers in 2021
Teachers entering the profession over the past year have had a training year like no other. The disruption has not only impacted on the learning and development of pupils, but of those training to teach them.
So, to help our newest colleagues, we’ve created a set of video resources to support trainee teachers. With access to in-person observations limited, we’re tapping into the collective expertise of the teachers who created lessons for Oak to provide an opportunity for trainees to not only observe lessons, but to understand the thinking and decisions that go into making them. These lesson videos for ITT are intended to exemplify key elements of the ITT Core Content Framework (CCF).
Who it's for
- Trainee teachers
If you found this workshop helpful, here are some additional resources to help support your in-class teaching:
- Explore our Lesson and Resource Directory for a full list of lessons, filtered by subject and key stage (including Teacher Hub links).
- Take a look at our curriculum maps. For each subject and key stage there is a map that provides:
- an overview of the curriculum principles we’ve followed;
- details about all units of work in each subject and key stage;
- one or more optional sequences you can teach them in.