Training new teachers: creating a coherent curriculum that models the science of learning
Watch Oak's Head of Curriculum Design, Emma McCrea, as she discusses how to create a coherent curriculum that models the science of learning when training new teachers.
This webinar covers:
- What are the features of good curriculum design in ITT and novice teacher programmes?
- How can we use curriculum design to help trainee and new teachers truly understand and apply the science of learning in their practice?
Who it's for:
- ITE : university tutors, school based mentors, SCITTs
If you found this workshop helpful, here are some additional resources to help support your in-class teaching:
- Explore our Lesson and Resource Directory for a full list of lessons, filtered by subject and key stage (including Teacher Hub links).
- Take a look at our curriculum maps. For each subject and key stage there is a map that provides:
- an overview of the curriculum principles we’ve followed;
- details about all units of work in each subject and key stage;
- one or more optional sequences you can teach them in.